Best kept village?

Do you think Pant or Llanymynech could be crowned Shropshire’s Best Kept Village?

If so, organisers are looking for local people to come forward to co-ordinate a bid on behalf of our village.

The Best Kept Village Community Competition aims to develop and highlight a sense of pride amongst local people throughout Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin. It illustrates and emphasises how much voluntary work is undertaken to keep our county beautiful and how communities work together to make where they live desirable and a place they are proud to call home.

Organisers The Community Foundation say that entries will be judged on its maintenance, appearance, the community spirit amongst its residents, and how that is evidenced throughout the year via supporting photographs and videos. Judges will take into consideration where an area does not have a certain feature, e.g. a bus shelter, war memorial, large open space, etc. This will be considered when marking, and areas will certainly NOT be at a disadvantage because they do not have BKVC features. 25% of the marks awarded come from the community spirit section of the competition entry from with the other 75% being judged in person when the judges visit.

If you think you could co-ordinate a local entry to Shropshire’s Best Kept Village & Community Competition, you can find out more by visiting the competition website.

Posted in Charity, Crickheath, Llanymynech, Llynclys, Pant.